Package deal comprises the Veritas Mk.II Honing System and the Veritas Camber Roller
Veritas Mk.II Honing System
The main feature of the Veritas Mk.II is its blade registration system squaring and setting the blade in one easy step. The Mk.II Guide has three bevel angle range configurations: a high angle (25° to 54° in seven increments), standard (15° to 40° in six increments), and a third for back bevels. The registration jig slides onto the guide body, centering and squaring the blade using an integral fence. The clamping mechanism registers on the face of the blade and is designed to accept flat and tapered blades, as well as blades with irregular geometry. The Mk.II features a three-position eccentric roller allowing a micro-bevel to be honed quickly and accurately after only a simple turn of a knob. The 50mm wide roller is stable for even the narrowest of blades. The guide can easily accommodate chisels or blades from 12 to 72mm wide and up to 13mm thick including spokeshave blades. Sharpening stone not included
Veritas Camber Roller
This is an attachment specifically designed for use with the Veritas Mk.II Honing Guide. When planing on large, flat surfaces, it is often desirable to hone a slight curve, or camber, into the edge of the blade. The Veritas Camber Roller Assembly has a barrel-shaped roller that allows limited rocking, whilst still maintaining an accurate and consistent bevel angle. Simply replace the standard roller assembly with the camber assembly and sharpen. The blade is still set using the registration jig, and the camber roller includes the standard eccentric system allowing micro-bevels to be honed.
- Veritas Mk.II Honing System
- Increased range, capacity and accuracy
- Integral blade registration squares the blade and sets the bevel angle in one easy step
- Three bevel-angle range configurations
- Designed to accept flat and tapered blades, as well as blades with irregular geometry
- Three-position eccentric roller allows a micro-bevel to be honed quickly and accurately
- 50mm wide roller is stable for even the narrowest of blades
- Accommodates chisels as narrow as 12mm and blades as wide as 72mm and up to 13mm thick
- Works with short blades such as spokeshave blades
- Manufactured from die-cast zinc alloy, with precision-machined brass and steel parts
- Veritas Camber Roller
- Specifically designed for the Veritas Mk.II Honing Guide
- Solid brass barrel-shaped roller
- Allows slight curvature with an accurate and consistent bevel angle
- Simply replaces the standard roller assembly
Please share this Veritas product:
Contact us for more info on VERITAS MK.II HONING SYSTEM AND CAMBER ROLLER – PACKAGE DEAL 717456 Price includes UK mainland delivery. Use the livechat below or email us for more info.
Carriage for the UK Mainland is FREE on all Veritas tool orders over £100 - typically arriving within a few days.
We also great prices for European and Worldwide shipping on all engineering tools.