This Veritas version of a tail vice either quickly incorporates into a new bench or easily retrofits to an existing bench without major surgery. The body is ductile iron with zinc-alloy end plates, steel shafts and guide rods, and a maple handle. Installation is straightforward. All the necessary hardware is included, all you need add is the timber for the jaw. The quick-release mechanism has a simple on-off lever that engages or disengages the Acme-threaded screw. The end plates are symmetrical, so you can install the T-handle and quick-release lever in a right- or left-handed orientation, allowing you to mount the vice at either end of your bench. The mechanism can apply force (up to 135kg) in both clamping and spreading applications – something not possible with other quick-release tail vices. Maximum travel is 195mm (7.3/4″). All the vice requires is an unobstructed mounting area at least 430mm x 156mm (17″ x 6.1/8″) on the underside of the bench top. Made in Canada. Patent pending.
- Quickly incorporated into a new bench or easily retrofitted
- Straightforward installation all the necessary hardware included
- Simple on-off lever engages or disengages the quick release mechanism
- Mounts at either end of your bench
- Body of ductile iron with zinc-alloy end plates
- Steel shafts and guide rods, maple handle
- Maximum travel is 195mm (7.3/4″)
- Made in Canada
Please share this Veritas product:
Contact us for more info on Veritas Quick-Release Sliding Tail Vice 05G30.01 Price includes UK mainland delivery. Use the livechat below or email us for more info.
Carriage for the UK Mainland is FREE on all Veritas tool orders over £100 - typically arriving within a few days.
We also great prices for European and Worldwide shipping on all engineering tools.