This versatile plane excels at trimming rebates and planing end grain. Of course, you can also use it as a normal block plane. Its Norris-style adjuster guarantees precise blade setting. Machined and surface ground, the 162 x 44mm body is ductile cast iron. It has a 12° bed angle and a movable toe fully enclosed by the body casting. A hardwood knob locks the toe to control the mouth opening. A setscrew in the throat acts as a stop allowing exact repositioning of the toe. The blade sits flush with the plane’s side, so corners are clean and accurate. Set-screws on either side prevent the blade from shifting in use. An adjustable spur, ahead of the blade reduces tear out on cross grain. The blade’s 15° skew, makes cutting easier and helps pull the fence into the work.
A brass knob and collet lock the 88mm long, 8mm thick hardwood fence. Tapped holes in the fence casting allow the fitting of a customised fence. It comes with a PM-V11 lapped blade; 3.2mm thick, 38mm wide with a 25° bevel. The lapped blades have a flatness tolerance of ±0.005mm or better over the working surface, and with an average roughness surface finish of 0.000127mm(5 microinches) or better.
- Versatile; excels at trimming rebates and planing end grain
- Blade flush with sides, corners are clean and accurate
- Skewed blade makes cutting easier; helps pull the fence into the work
- Norris-style adjuster guarantees precise blade setting
- Movable toe (fully enclosed by the body casting) adjustable mouth
- Skewed blade makes cutting easier and helps pull the fence into the work
- Supplied with a PM-V11 lapped blade, 3.2mm thick
|Nett Weight||910 g (2lb)|
|Plane Blade Type||PM-V11|
|Plane Blade Width||38 mm (1.1/2″)|
|Plane Sole Length||162 mm|
Please share this Veritas product:
Contact us for more info on VERITAS SKEW BLOCK PLANE RIGHT-HAND PM-V11 720820- SORRY OUT OF STOCK Price includes UK mainland delivery. Use the livechat below or email us for more info.
Carriage for the UK Mainland is FREE on all Veritas tool orders over £100 - typically arriving within a few days.
We also great prices for European and Worldwide shipping on all engineering tools.